A tripartite agreement was signed among the Lagos State Govenrment, Lekki World wide Investments Limited
( a private limited liability company of Lagos State Government) and a Chinese Consortium ( CCECC- Beyond) in Nanjing to develop the first phase (3,000 hectares) of the zone .
The Objectives include:
1. Full exploration/exploitation of the investment business and tourism potentials of Lagos State.
2. Creating a model city to cater for the rising commercial and social activities in Lagos State
3. Developing and encouraging backward images and integrated with foreign partners
4. Developing an oversea economic zone as a global business paradise to attract international and local investments through trade and export promotion
5. Creating an economics platform to facilitate the inflow of Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) of :
I. Effective and efficient technology
III 3. Information technology
IV 4. Knolowledge base
The establishment of Lekki Free Trade Zone Has finally berthed in the new, reinvigoratined democratic pursuit of a national economic reform agenda, geared towards a productively diversified , functional, private sector-driven national economy completly governed by law, order and institutional processes.